Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Why Hobbit Hobbies?


Why Hobbit Hobbies, I have far too many hobbies and I thought if I made a blog about them I would be held accountable by any viewers out there who might be interested in encouraging me along to finish some of these MANY projects I have started and never finished! Why Hobbit?, simply because I am hiding in my little cave during the winter months because my 5 foot *1/4 * inch! ( yes it matters!) frame might freeze into the ice age if I do any of my outdoor hobbies until spring is sprung! In the next few posts I will show you some of my U. F. O's ( Un-Finished Objects!) but for now I will just tell you some of the things I "hobby a" ( I don't want to say start until I can also say finish, so I'll say "Hobby at" for now.

From the time I was a little girl I have always been artistic in one way or another. Perhaps I was just hyper and always had to be doing something with my hands I don't know but I wonder sometimes if it is a blessing or a curse! Ahhhhh! It couldn't have been a curse I turned out to be a pretty good hairstylist and nail technician, (that is my work so I won't call it a hobby or people may stop paying me!!!) I was always interested in doing hair and nails, I did my first haircut when I was 10 and a mighty fine job if I must say so. If anyone asked my what I was going to be when I grew up I wouldn't bat an eyelash before saying a " Stylist who owns her own shop" and only 14 years after doing my first haircut I opened my own salon at the just ripened age of 24. I am now 36 plus 440 days.................OK fine 37 but don't tell anyone! I plan I staying 36 for a very long time so don't blow my cover! Shortly after opening my Salon I took up doing nails and added that to my menu. I do gel and acrylic and (silk only if you make me) I also do regular manicures. I can show you some pretty fun stuff I've done on nails on some later posts too. For now here are "some" things I like to do.


I like to:

Tole Paint

Draw (Pencil and Charcoal)

Draft houses

Draw wall murals (Cartoon)

Renovate/Decorate in my home

Cross stitch

Quilt

Sewing

Knit ( A little here and there)

Bead craft

Scrapbook

Read

Write

Study Chinese culture ( We are adopting!!) See my blog HERE

Gardening ( I have some nice plants in the house too)

Walk (In the Spring,summer,fall)

Exercise

Eat healthy ( I do this in spurts)

Experiment with baking ( see why I eat healthy in spurts!)

Experiment with making preserves

1 comment:

Moggy said...

I have the same problem as far as too much I want to do, but for me making a blog ended up being another one of those things ;-) but I love it.

Thanks for commenting on my blog and now get back and finish up those things you started.